Cardinal TV - Cardinal Columns - Yearbook

We Are Cardinals

Cardinal TV - Cardinal Columns - Yearbook

We Are Cardinals

Cardinal TV - Cardinal Columns - Yearbook

We Are Cardinals

What is Fondy doing over Spring break?

Spring Break this year is March 29 through April 7
Aniket Bhattacharya – Unsplash

Spring break is a time students anticipate from the beginning of the second semester. It’s the dream for many students and staff members to have free time and no school-related responsibilities. Let’s see what Fondy is doing over spring break.

“[I’ll be] Composing music over spring break,” Alexander Downhour said.

“I’m very excited to get out of Wisconsin for a while,” Addy Benzinger said.

Answers come from a poll sent out to the whole school on Feb. 8, with 51 responses, including students and staff. Of these responses, 40% are planning to stay home, while the other 60% are traveling for the perfect vacation.

From the home category, staff is spending it with family or going to concerts. Seniors are sleeping, working and playing video games. Sophomores are playing sports, composing music, going to concerts, working and sleeping in. Freshman students are hanging out with friends and family, playing video games, working and sleeping in, enjoying the time off.

From the traveling category, our staff will travel to Vallarta and Cancun, Mexico and New York for orchestra. They will also be heading to Florida, Texas, a Bahamas cruise, Hawaii, Italy, the Dells and Great Wolf Lodge.

Our seniors are going to Florida, Texas, the Cayman Islands, going on a road trip and avoiding school to the best of their abilities.

Some juniors are going to California for their choir trip and Florida.

Sophomores are going to New York, California, the Dells and road trips to see the solar eclipse.

Freshmen are going to Spain, Florida and on a cruise.

Overall, our students and staff will be catching up on sleep, partying, enjoying the sun, playing sports and hanging out with friends and family. However, most importantly, they will be avoiding school, hoping to keep it out-of-sight and out-of-mind.

More to Discover
About the Contributor
Najely Cortes
Najely Cortes, Staff Writer
Najely Cortes is a Junior here at Fondy, and it’s her first year as a writer for print journalism. She likes to draw, play volleyball, and go to quinceaneras on occasion if possible. She plans to go to college for graphic design.