Cardinal TV - Cardinal Columns - Yearbook

We Are Cardinals

We Are Cardinals

We Are Cardinals

Voices of Tomorrow

Fond du Lac High School’s Youth in Government students prepare to take the stand at the state Capitol

The annual statewide Model Government Conference for Youth in Government will occur from March 8 until March 10.

Students will get the opportunity to present bills that they wrote themselves inside the capitol building as well as argue cases and interview different people from other delegations.

The conference runs for three full days. Students have been preparing by practicing their bill presentations and arguments.,

“First, I would say that the students are getting ready to simulate the state government by doing a bunch of different things,” delegation director Ms. Carney said. “These students are truly stellar and hard-working. I’m excited to see all of the hard work pay off in Madison.”

These students have been preparing the whole school year for this specific moment. It is a great opportunity and helps anyone interested in politics or law gain experience if they choose to pursue that career path.

“I think we have some good kids in YIG (Youth in Government). It’s always a great experience, and I believe that all of them will do well at this conference” Youth in Government President LJ Kern said.