Cardinal TV - Cardinal Columns - Yearbook

We Are Cardinals

We Are Cardinals

We Are Cardinals

Drawing His Future

Exploring Logan Clark’s passion for art

Who would’ve known that an elementary school hobby would turn into his future career?

Since elementary school, art has piqued the interest of junior Logan Clark. He always enjoyed the little art projects and excelled in art for most of his life. His interest kept growing in freshman year after taking Drawing 1. He began to do practice art for fun and began doing it outside of school. However, his interest in pursuing art as a career started in sophomore year after taking a painting class.

“I like being able to express my emotions through the canvas,” Logan said. This is one of many reasons he likes the idea of art. He enjoys the ability to express himself and his feelings through a more unconventional method such as painting. He also loves how he can express his passion for other things through his art such as painting and drawing.

“I like being able to express my emotions through the canvas”

— Logan Clark

Logan enjoys drawing and painting. He often likes to draw the hobbies that he enjoys outside of art, such as bowling and tennis. He started his passion for drawing in his freshman year of high school, and his hobbies help him become a better artist.

Drawing about his hobbies makes Logan’s art better and inspires him more and allows him to better reflect on his work. “I see a lot of improvement in my art very quickly,” Logan said. He is quickly able to identify any inaccuracies in his artwork, and he later uses that as inspiration to improve himself and become a better artist.

His ability to quickly improve will shine in college, as he plans on going to an art school. At this moment, Logan sees himself going to MIAD, the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, after high school. He already went to a pre-college program at the school and enjoyed every moment of it.

“It was one of the best two weeks of my life,” Logan said, “I really fit in there.” At the program, he is surrounded by other artists who dream of pursuing their interest as their career. The classes are tailored to their interests, and core classes including math and science are completely cut out of their curriculum so they can focus on their art and bettering themselves. This really inspired Logan to look into what careers he may be interested in after college.

“Illustration or animation,” Logan commented about his plans after college, “I can give back in some kind of way.” These particular areas of art will give Logan creative freedom and gets him out of the typical nine-to-five job. He can use his creativity on a daily basis to put together his artwork to animate and illustrate for the community, so he can give his best work back to his community.